“To preserve the independence of the people, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty, or profusion and servitude. Considering the general tendency to multiply offices and dependencies, and to increase expense to the ultimate term of burden which the citizen can bear, may it never be seen here that … government shall itself consume the residue of what it was instituted to guard. To take from one, because it is thought that his own industry and that of his fathers has acquired too much, in order to spare to others who, or whose fathers have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, “the guaranty to every one of a free exercise of his industry, and the fruits acquired by it.” —Thomas Jefferson in a letter to Samuel Kercheval (12 July 1816).
I rather suspect the founding fathers would be dismayed to see what the government they worked, sacrificed and risked their lives to forge has become. I hope and pray – and choose to believe the best days for our nation are yet to come!
“I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought with, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones.”
– Albert Einstein
Anyone who suggests that Iran developing nuclear weapons capabilities is acceptable (RIP Helen Thomas – Please) ought to think again. Shia Islam (The Ayatollahs and Ahmadinijad) awaits and anticipates the return of the Mahdi – analagous to Christianity’s return of Christ. (Indeed even Islam believes Jesus will accompany the Imam)
According to Moojan Momen, among the most commonly reported signs that presage the advent of the Mahdi in Shia Islam are the following:
- Before his coming will come the red death and the white death. The red death is the sword and the white death is “Plague (disease)”
- Several figures will appear: the one-eyed Antichrist, the “Sufyani” and the Yamani.
- The Muslims will throw off the reins and take possession of their land, throwing out the authority of the foreigners.
- There will be a great conflict in the land of “Greater Syria”, until it is destroyed.
- Death and fear will afflict the people of “Baghdad” and “Iraq.” A fire will appear in the sky and a redness will cover them.
The only thing that has held nuclear weapons in check to date is the bizarre yet effective concept of “Mutually Assured Destruction” – i.e. MAD. This is not however a deterrent to the Imams, but in fact an incentive, completing the portents for the Mahdi. I do not believe Israel will allow Iran to possess thes weapons whatever the cost. Where am I wrong? I would very much like to be wrong.